Your giving makes a difference.
When you give to Wellspring Church, you are supporting the mission of Christ, and helping others come to know Him in this community and around the world.
We Value Giving
We serve a generous God. God gives us good things we don’t deserve and could never earn, like grace and forgiveness. He gave the ultimate gift, His son, for our sins. When you hear us talk about generosity, that’s what we mean. God created you with a generous spirit. We want to help you embrace it through giving your tithe and other gifts beyond your tithe that go to support the ministry of the church here and around the globe.
Accountability and integrity are vitally important in every aspect of our church, and it’s no different when it comes to finances. We will always honor your gifts with faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and transparency so that Wellspring remains beyond reproach.
Where does the money go?
The money is applied to the church’s annual budget. Each year, the church leadership (see next FAQ for the “who”) establishes a spending plan based on what they believe they will receive in giving to the church. This is both a practical financial decision and also a spiritual decision process. The church’s staff works with the Finance Team and Elders to make the church budget.
The church budget includes monies for things like rent for the building we use, liability insurance, salaries for staff, the giving we give to others (community needs, international missionaries, other church plants) and the costs to provide our various ministries.
The determination of where money goes and how much (the church’s budget) is a decision voted on by the Finance and Elder teams. Then, the congregation is provided a summary of the annual budget. In addition, three times a year we provide a written and spoken report for income and expense status.
Who manages money given?
The church’s staff work with the Finance Team and Elders to create and follow the church budget. The Finance Team is made of church members who volunteer their time and meet throughout the year and review monthly Financial statements. Then, there are seven Elders who are the leaders of the church. The church’s staff, with the accountability to these teams, manage the dollars given with monthly oversight from the Finance Team and Elders.
If I want to give beyond a tithe to church budget, where can I give?
We believe the first gifts should go to the “general budget” because it encompasses all the costs to do ministry of Wellspring. But, as people feel led to give in addition to that, we have these designated accounts that when you give to these, they are set aside for the stated uses:
- Student camp scholarship – subsidizing or fully covering costs for our students (grades 6-12) to attend summer camp each summer.
- Building Fund – this is an account we set-up for the future. We believe God will call us to permanence. And we want to accumulate dollars that would allow us to spend toward something we can call our own. These dollars could go for renovation to an existing building, purchase of land or a building, building of a facility or even to subsidize lease costs for a long-term lease if given the opportunity.
- Grace and Glory Missions – I need help describing
- Special Offerings (Benevolence and missions) – Once a year, we collect a special offering. This one-time special offering goes to support international missionaries and may be used to increase our church’s benevolence account. We use this account to assist those in financial need.
What are the ways to give?
- The easiest way is to give online through our church’s website. These online gifts go through our secure site, managed by Vanco, and can be one-time or re-occurring gifts. You can draft from your bank (the most cost-effective option) or use a credit card (note: credit cards require the highest fee for us to process and it should be noted, we do not believe use of credit cards when they’re not paid off monthly should be using for giving to the church). Our online giving is easily set-up and we have a how-to video if needed. Once you have an account, you’ll be able to manage gifts and review giving history.
- You may give in-person with check or cash (giving envelopes are provided in our gatherings).
- You may mail your gifts to Wellspring Church 14175 W. Indian School Rd. Suite B-4-628 Goodyear, AZ 85395.
Who can I contact if I need any help with giving?
You may contact our Financial Coordinator at Leslie@wellspringchurch.com